Anusara Yoga at the World Yoga CenterWest End Avenue and 72nd Street in NYC Website: http://www.worldyogacenter.com
- This form of Yoga has classes for true beginners or novices, but experienced yogis and yoginis will be challenged as well.
- Focus is on alignment of the body and opening the “heart chakra”–essential elements to singing
- You not only build flexibility, you build strength. I challenge you to take a class and not feel that you’ve had a true “workout”
- Restorative classes are as therapeutic as a massage and the results last longer!
- Once you get the hang of this you can do it by yourself at home–or even apply what you’ve learned to other forms of yoga (which do not all tend to be as careful as Anusara Yoga regarding the safety of your knees, etc.)